Thursday, November 11, 2010

John Kotter: Why Should Anyone Trust Your Vision?

From: [Harvard Business Review]


Recently, an Irish Times reporter interviewed me on the changes currently taking place in Ireland's finance industry (the nation's financial regulator had just announced the $39.3 billion price tag of the Anglo Irish Bank bailout). Clearly, much is going to have to change in the banks and how the government deals with them.

But there's a buy-in problem, as the reporter pointed out. "Why would subordinates trust management to develop a change vision in a situation like this, when management got the company into a mess? I would be worried I was being asked to buy into the wrong thing! And even if it was a good new vision, how are they going to get my support if I don't trust them?"

Click and read more: http://bit.ly/912IVQ

Share |